Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Praise and Worship

I thought about the meaning of the word "PRAISE." Immediately the word "WORSHIP" came to my mind.

The word "praise" means to glorify, to give utterance of approval, or worship expressed in song. The word "worship" means the paying of reverence through various means such as prayer, praise, or exhaltation.

Praise is part of our worship. We express our thankfulness and respect for God by offering praises to Him. But Worship involves more than praise. In our worship of God, we show our love to Him through obeying His commandments, living the way of life He has revealed through His written word, the Bible, communicating with Him in prayer, meeting and fellowshipping with other believers, and in offering praises to Him.

So if nothing else, my prayer tonight would be this: that my praise would always be backed by my worship. You can praise God all your life and never worship Him, but you can never worship Him and not praise Him. I would hope that my worship not only matches my praise, but overwhelms it. As always, I pray daily for a blessing to come to everyone on the List. Thank you again for being so good to me...

Sincerely,
Gabe Easter

1 comment:

  1. As always, I love you.

    This blog was not about me.

    I am now singing "It's not about me - it's about Jesus."

    I'm in the office alone.

    The chairs are applauding my vocal talents.

    And assuring me that if they could blog, they would definitely blog about me.

    One day I will write a comment, that has something to do with your actual post.

    ReplyDelete